There are numerous types in the stores for Kitchen Countertops, Such as granite, marble, quartz, and more. Each element has its good and bad features. For example, few are very hard while others can be damaged or scratched. And few materials require a lot of extra money than others and some are very heavy. In this article, we will talk about both the good and bad sides of these materials and how you can choose the best option for you. When picking a countertop for your kitchen or bathroom you can not just rely on the looks alone. Material’s endurance, maintenance cost, and also purchasing cost is also an important factor to think about when making a choice.
Granite is one of the best choices for cuisine countertops. Granite kitchen countertops provide a classy and expensive appearance to the kitchen.
- Granite countertops are durable and long-lasting.
- Granite countertops improve the property’s worth.
- Granites have various colors.
- It requires hardly any maintenance.
- Granite slabs are very costly.
- Incorrect fitting or sudden weight on granite can occur cuts.
- The granite plate may have defects.
- Blade strokes and marks can cause the exterior dull.
Quartz is an engineered marble that holds 90 percent of quartz and crystals. This combined is formed into a plate with the assistant of resins. These are not achieved as plates throughout the quarrying method. It is the most versatile and best competitor to granites and limestone countertops. Quartz is made in many variations. These also have a non-porous exterior that can bear scars and spots. The engineered quartz rock does not need shining like natural stones.
- Quartz countertops can be installed using DIY.
- The method f maintenance is very simple.
- It does not need blocking to stop drips.
- The slabs are ready in excellent appearance and perfection.
- Quartz slabs can be custom-made easily.
- It is invulnerable to fire and acidic elements.
- Quartz countertops are very expensive.
- The mass of the quartz plate is very heavy.
Marble has a good variety of attractive textures and appearances, beige, smooth white, deep black, and slate gray shads. Think of utilizing a gray-colored marble countertop in cuisine with white furniture and a white tile backsplash for a seamless and great appearance completely in the kitchen. Marble is costly, so you may need to think of an extra budget-friendly alternative, like Carrara marble. It is very essential to wash natural marble countertops, like marble, with a mild liquid detergent and water. Be sure also to seal slabs each year. If your kitchen is likely too heavy work and food arrangement, then a high-maintenance marble countertop may not be the most suitable choice for your cuisine exterior.
- Elegant, classic, high-end look
- Great work surface for cooks
- Diversity of texture and tone
- Natural stone slabs
- Can improve estate worth
- Must be sealed annually
- Spots and cuts easily
- Very heavy
Because every chunk is a natural stone and is cut specifically for your countertops, you can combine them into any desirable countertops.
Among different cuisine countertop choices, the most suitable element based on maintenance and endurance is granite and quartz countertops. The most reliable stone slubs that are ideal for cuisine countertops are quartz and granite. Granite countertops give the kitchen a classy and expensive appearance. It is the most versatile and super-performing option for granites and marble countertops. Granite is very long-lasting. But quartz and cement countertops have enormous endurance if used correctly.